• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shotwound

ohio.my landlord searched my apartment without my knowledge and found about 20 marijuana plants in my closet. a water company employee was with him. the landlord took pictures and called the police. the water guy filed a report with his superior. the police have been to my house once already looking for me. i had gotten rid of the plants by that time. should i be worried?

L

lawrat

Okay, you have an expectation of privacy in your apartment from both the police and the landlord. But you don't have a 4th amendment violation by the landlord, that only applies to public officers (government).

Anyway, you sue the landlord for trespass and as long as the police have no evidence, not much they can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">