• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accused of obtaining prescription under false pretenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WhatToDoo

I was informed today by my regular doctor that she received a phone call from my pharmacy claiming suspicious activity. She was informed I had called in a prescription for myself. I immediately told her this was not true and she suggested I call my pharmacy and try to sort this out. Upon calling, I was lied to by the pharmacist who insisted there was nothing on my profile that would indicate anything of the sort. I then called the sheriff's dept whom I forgot to mention was supposedly called regarding this matter. I was basically told the same thing.

So, I went to the pharmacy myself and faced off with them. She then said that the officer who is investigating this is the one I need to speak to, thus admitting she lied to me over the telephone. I had them print off my prescription record and stood there verifying each and every prescription that was dispensed to me. Everything was legit. I then asked for the company headquarters info and promptly called them.

Within an hour a supervisor returned my call and claimed there was a prescription called in last week under someone else's name in which I picked up and signed for. I then stated that I am in the pharmacy just about every week picking up medicine for myself and my dad whom is on disability. I do not know what this medicine is or who it was called in for. But I will tell you this...

I have been on hydrocodone 5/500 for about 6 months now and go there weekly for my refill as well as other meds I am prescribed. I am to assume that this said medicine is probably hyrdrocodone as it would be the only explanation as to why they would link me to this prescription. I do not know what to do at this point. Any advice is appreciated. Please be frank with me, it will not hurt my feelings.

Much appreciated!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I was informed today by my regular doctor that she received a phone call from my pharmacy claiming suspicious activity. She was informed I had called in a prescription for myself. I immediately told her this was not true and she suggested I call my pharmacy and try to sort this out. Upon calling, I was lied to by the pharmacist who insisted there was nothing on my profile that would indicate anything of the sort. I then called the sheriff's dept whom I forgot to mention was supposedly called regarding this matter. I was basically told the same thing.

So, I went to the pharmacy myself and faced off with them. She then said that the officer who is investigating this is the one I need to speak to, thus admitting she lied to me over the telephone. I had them print off my prescription record and stood there verifying each and every prescription that was dispensed to me. Everything was legit. I then asked for the company headquarters info and promptly called them.

Within an hour a supervisor returned my call and claimed there was a prescription called in last week under someone else's name in which I picked up and signed for. I then stated that I am in the pharmacy just about every week picking up medicine for myself and my dad whom is on disability. I do not know what this medicine is or who it was called in for. But I will tell you this...

I have been on hydrocodone 5/500 for about 6 months now and go there weekly for my refill as well as other meds I am prescribed. I am to assume that this said medicine is probably hyrdrocodone as it would be the only explanation as to why they would link me to this prescription. I do not know what to do at this point. Any advice is appreciated. Please be frank with me, it will not hurt my feelings.

Much appreciated!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Don't speak to the police without an attorney present.

WhatToDoo

Noted....I'm just concerned that this will make me appear guilty although I know having a lawyer with me will definitely be a smart move. I'm just so blindsided by all of this. :eek:

CSO286

Noted....I'm just concerned that this will make me appear guilty although I know having a lawyer with me will definitely be a smart move. I'm just so blindsided by all of this. :eek:
Go and talk to one now. Many offer free/low cost consults.

LillianX

You need to get an attorney, and you need to do it now. This could have implications for you that you may not have considered, including causing your doctor and your pharmacist not to trust you anymore, and to decline to offer or fill prescriptions for you in the future. If your Vicodin is something you NEED, you need to get this sorted ASAP. You will be hard pressed to find a new doctor willing to write you a narcotics script without building a solid relationship first.

Hire an attorney, and don't speak to anyone but him or her about this. Are you required to sign for your prescriptions at your pharmacy? Do you have any criminal history regarding drugs? Do you have any criminal history at all? These are important questions to discuss with your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">