• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accused of stealing prescriptons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pjcarver

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Heres the deal, and I'll do my best to be brief...I am an employee of a small, family run (my family), service business which entails working in peoples houses all day, everyday. Two months ago I worked in a ladies house and a few days later my office got a call saying her prescription turned up missing. She called the police, they interviewed her, stopped by my office and talked boss at which point the detective mentioned he would being paying me a visit to ask me a few questions. I was seriously freaked out at the accusation but never really sweated it because I did nothing wrong. Lo and behold, earlier this week another customer called with the same BS.....I'm told she called the police but havent heard a word. By the way, the first go round I never got a visit either. This time Im seriously freaking out....I didnt do anything wrong but Ill be the first to admit it looks REALLY suspicous. My boss (father) is freaking as well. Not to mention the black eye this has given the family business that Ive worked so hard to build. What do I do if/when Johnny law rolls up in my driveway? Do I agree to be questioned or do I polietly acknowledge my awareness of the situation and tell him thats as much as I feel comfortable saying without speaking to an attorney first? Can I get hauled in for this? Im seriously afraid of being wrongfully accused and convicted. Help!!!

PainInTheRear

I am no expert but ANYBODY could have stolen those meds for heaven's sakes. It could have been the person's kids even. I would say that until they come to you - don't sweat it. And if they come to you - just tell the truth and say you did nothing wrong and didn't steal meds. BTW - are you on those particular medications? Do you know what the meds even were? If you take those medications in question - they are in your body and they could ask to do a blood draw and find them in your system. But DON'T get a blood draw. If you get blood drawn - that is hard and fast evidence. If it gets hairy - get an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">