• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice on how to avoid jail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

azsucks01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I'm 19 and I'll cut to the chase, cause you all dont wanna read about my life haha but basically i was pulled over by a Gilbert police officer and ended up getting 5 charges against me, possession of about an eighth of marijuana, 2 or 3 vicodins that my ex girlfriend put in my pocket, those 2 charges are felonies and i have a separate court date for them from the other 3, which are 2 separate DUI drug related charges and possession of paraphernalia (a pipe)

I know that for the DUI charges I'll lose my license for a 3 months to a year, have an interlock breathalyzer installed in my car for a year after getting it back, and for the pipe im not too worried as it's still only a misdemeanor.

What really has me worried is the eighth and the vicodins, I have parents that are willing to do anything and pay anything to keep me out of jail, and we have already hired a lawyer but really when i met with him all I got was what COULD happen, not what he could do to help my situation.

Basically what I want to ask, am I going to jail? Honestly I could care less about everything else, I have read about deferred punishments and how I should ask for a pre trial hearing and ask for the deferred punishment, but what I am really getting at is are those 3 little vicodins gonna blow my chances of anything out of the water? My ex gave them to me forcefully, literally, I told her I did not want them, she stuffed them in my pocket then i get arrested and didnt even know they were in there, I'll tell that to the judge and hopefully it helps, but I'd like your guys input on whether or not you think I'll be spending time in jail for the felonies, and money isn't much of an issue cause my parents want to get me back on the right path and would pay any amount for that, so any advice/input is greatly appreciated.

jewyork

Basically what I want to ask, am I going to jail?
i sure as hell hope so! you're an adult. it's time for you to grow up! no excuses young man! stop with the lies. if you're seeking to lie in court, than you better come up with a better story on how those 3 pills ended up in your pocket. what's your excuse for the two DUI charges? did the girlfriend force alcohol down your throat and then stick you behind the wheel? and you said you were 19? sounds like underage drinking! shame on you. 3 months to a year? are you kidding me!? i hope they keep you off the road for at least a good 2 to 4 years. you need to be seeking advice from the substance abuse forum. you're at the wrong place if you're going to come on here and feed us this bologna! take responsibility for your actions. and shame on your parents for supporting you! your parents are enabling your criminal activity. you did the crime and you deserve the punishment. it's to teach you a lesson! you better straighten your life out young man. YOU HEAR ME!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">