• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

aggravated posession charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

letoii

What is the name of your state?
Ohio

I was at a rave in guernsey county, ohio
on saturday morning the police raided the party and took everyone to jail (about 45 people), they towed all the cars from the venue (a private farm) and later searched them. I had two pills of x and a small amount of ketamine in my bag inside my gf's car. When I was questioned at the jail I admitted to the drugs being mine and my confession was audiotaped. I have recieved a summons to appear in court on charges of aggravated possesion of ecstacy. A felony in the 5th degree. I am supposed to be there on mon the 18th. I need some time to raise money for a lawyer and the clerk at the court said I need a request for continuance, how should I word this request, do I need a form or can it be in plain language.

Also, is there any hope of me plea bargaining this down to a misdemeanor or a non-drug offense?

what is aggravated posession?

G

gooberitiz

SEE how EASY it is to bust dumb people!

DUMB people carry drugs in their car while driving, and when they are stopped or arrested the police can seize the car and look inside..

Why has no one ever taught you this fact?

Ps>>> you almost had a perfect chance to dump the GF by saying it was HER'S and in HER CAR if it wasn't in YOUR bag!

Last edited:

ochiatl

These are questions that the clerk should be able to answer for you. If not, there should be a legal aid office that you can find either in the phone book or by calling 411. Have you checked to see if you qualify for a public defender? You might want to do that. Also, you could just go into court and ask for a continuance and explain the reason why.

Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">