• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ahhh... drugs...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WereAllInnocent

Ok coming from cali...

On probation, got pulled over for a broken tail light.. go figure.
Anyway, was wearing my friends pants and he had some xanax in them.
He has them prescribed and will take responsibility for them.
Our problem is he's prescribed a different dosage because it got changed recently. Can he get in trouble for having them if he tells them it was his?

CdwJava

Anyway, was wearing my friends pants and he had some xanax in them.
You wanna guess how many times we hear THAT line?? :eek:

He has them prescribed and will take responsibility for them.
Great. Your attorney can call him to the stand and ask him all about how you got his pants, and how he had a lone Xanax pill outside of the bottle.

You think your attorney can do that with a straight face?

Our problem is he's prescribed a different dosage because it got changed recently. Can he get in trouble for having them if he tells them it was his?
Quite possibly, yes.

You might want to consider diversion. The old "these aren't my pants" line is worn and not believed. Sorry. It will take a great deal of convincing to compel a jury and a judge to buy that line. But, if your attorney is glib, and the jury is gullible, who knows?

- Carl

cyjeff

I apologize in advance....

The "friend's pants" excuse won't fly.
Not only does it not have a leg to stand on, but the judge would be the butt of all the jokes at the courthouse if he/she believed it.

No one carries a lone xanax around in their pants... no one.

Even if.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">