• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alcohol and Drug Paraphanelia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Yankees1JR

I am a student in NC, under 21, and was caught with 4 beers in my fridge, an empty prescription bottle with marijuana residue in it, and a blow tube, an empty water bottle with dryer sheets inside it you blow through to mask the smell of smoke. In all I was charged with alcohol possession and G.S. 90-113.22(a), possessing drug paraphernalia. Cops were called b/c I was smoking in my room, but when they searched they didn't actually find any weed or a bowl/piece. This is my first offense, I have only had two speeding tickets on my record prior to this.

I know there is a fine and probably some sort of drug/alcohol class involved, but is there any additional punishment involved? Can a good lawyer get any of this dropped? And will these charges affect me getting a job after I graduate? I am actually in school to become an English teacher, so will this blow my chances?

Thanks for the help, I hope I here some good news about this.

Yankees1JR

I do have a roomate, and I told the cops I had smoked earlier, and not in the room, and that my roomate did not smoke with me. When he asked me if there was anything illegal in the room, I said no, but forgot about the beers in my fridge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">