• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Almost an Informant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

volum

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I was arrested in 1990 in Michigan for possession of 2 oz of ("ditchweed") Marijuana. They let me go that evening because I told them I'd give them names of people that I buy from.

I never had any intention to do so, and avoided them. I lived in Michigan for another year and was arrested and released on bail once in that time period. I was given a court date, but moved to California shortly thereafter.

I have travelled to Michigan several times since, have gone through customs many times from international travels and I have been pulled over (for expired tags) twice in Los Angeles and have never experienced any problems or concerns at any time.

Unfortunately, Michigan State and Oakland County do not have web-lookup databases that many counties do have, so I cannot find out this information on my own without showing up in person.

Is there any way for me to find out about a warrant for my arrest without showing up in person?

thanks in advance-

H

hexeliebe

yes there is...

drive 150 mph on any interstate and when the Highway Patrol stops you be smoking a joynt...be friendly, offer the patrolperson a toke and just 'mention' that you'll probably beat the rap anyway because you've been on the lamb from your home state for the last 10 years.

V

volum

Re: yes there is...

hexeliebe said:
drive 150 mph on any interstate and when the Highway Patrol stops you be smoking a joynt...be friendly, offer the patrolperson a toke and just 'mention' that you'll probably beat the rap anyway because you've been on the lamb from your home state for the last 10 years.
Or maybe I should sit and wait for the right opportunity for my dumb ass to find the right question on a message board, so I can flex the very weak little bit of sarcasm I have?

You are not very bright.

I've seen you do this to many others as well. It's sad that you sit and troll for unsuspecting victims of your impending idiocy.

Why don't you go stand outside an unemployment office and call people "losers" and leave us alone?

If anyone has any *real* insight that could help me out, I would sincerely appreciate it.

tia

H

hexeliebe

If you have dodged

the question for so long why do you need advice? You seem to be doing just fine. Wonder why no one else has answered? Maybe it's because there's no sympathy for you in this matter.

You can write the court in your home state, you can call them, you can hire an attorney to search for the information you request....there are all kinds of things you can do...or you can continue looking for a way to hide.

I'd love it if you asked JexX, BoxCarBill or HomeGuru to answer this. I don't always agree with their "conservative" views, but in this matter I don't think you'll get a sympathic ear.

You're looking for an excuse, not a solution.

V

volum

If I was looking for sympathy I would have called home.

I think my original question was pretty damn straight as a board.

"How do I find if I actually have a warrant or not"?

I don't really remember my asking:

"What do you think of my current situation"

And for that matter, only the people who felt like they may have the correct answer to an honest question, really need to respond.

The ones who think they have a "funny" answer, don't. They can go bug someone in an AOL lImP biZkIt chatroom.

JETX

Volum, since you are such a pathetic little whiney-ass, I will try to help you answer your question:
"Is there any way for me to find out about a warrant for my arrest without showing up in person?"
*** Yes, there are several ways:
1) Hire an attorney to check for you.
2) Hire a private investigator to check for you.
3) Try calling the PD and asking.
4) You can order a criminal background check on yourself. Some available are:
http://www.backgroundferret.com/catalog/michigan_criminal_records_background_checks_127768_products.htm
http://www.casebreakers.com/indexsearch.htm
http://www.accuratecredit.com/html/criminal-records-michigan.html
http://www.databaserecords.com/
http://www.backgroundchecks.ws/criminal_records.htm

HomeGuru

I remember on the Lord of the Rings sequel, gollum aka volum had such a little whiney ass his tailbone showed.

H

hexeliebe

I was wondering how long it would take

for you guys to find this post?

Just to clarify golum...I left arizona and moved to Vienna, Austria in 1992. When I returned to the U.S. in 1999 to accept a new job I applied for a dirver's license in Arkansas but was denied due to a misdemeanor warrant on a speeding ticket being issued in 1992 in Arizona that I had forgotten about.

Guess what, I paid the fine, interest and penalities and got my license.

The moral of this story? If you really want to find out you can.

By the way, I walked the picket lines in California in 1969, smoked pot until I was 24, did my share of cocaine and have been arrested for battery on a police officer in my life. So before you start preaching know to whom you're preaching. I'm probably the most liberal person you'll find on this bulletin board but part of having rights is to take responsibility for them, including when you make mistakes.

V

volum

Re: I was wondering how long it would take

hexeliebe said:
but part of having rights is to take responsibility for them, including when you make mistakes.
Thank you the above for your help. (especially JETX, who although called me a "whiny-ass" actually was the first to lend me some real help)

Hex: I agree with the above, and while it may be obvious to me that my presence here is proof of my desire to "take responsibility" as you put it, some don't jump to that conclusion and maybe I should also remember those who think I came here just to blow-off steam about "The Man" or something.

I also thank you for marching in the 60's and living your counter-cultural lifestyle. Hopefully some of what you did then helps those of us who still hold those values, today.

J

JOEDOGG

losers and informants

All this person wanted was a simple question answered.You losers always got to try to make people feel like **** that come to this site.No i am not stickin up for this almost informant because informants suck and so do losers.You all need to get a life.

JETX

So, since you feel so strongly about that... exactly why ARE you here??
You are certainly not providing any legal assistance... so you must just be another drugged out mooch.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">