• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

josh12431243

Another one of my friends was pulled over in a car. The driver had an open container and they searched the trunk. They found a half kilo of hashish and five individually bagged grams of cocaine. They charged everyone in the car with possesion with intent to eliver a class a and a class b substance despite the fact that the driver told the cops that everything was his exclusively. MY friend is out on bail and the driver is going to testiyfy in court that everything was his. My friend is a college student and didn't tell his parents because he is sure he is going to get off. He has a public defender who he hasn't talked to for at least a month. I think he should tell his parents and get a good lawyer. He thinks he is all set because the driver is going to take the blame. Who is right? Also is this arrest probable cause to tap his phone? Thanks, any advice would be apreciated.

F

FKNA

Considering that Public Defenders tend to be pencil pushers, it is a good thing to hire an attorney at times. Is your friend going to have a jury trial? If so, it's a good possibility he will get off with the drivers testimoney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">