• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

another question about possesion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kdogg

i live in arizona... my friend got pulled over and they took my id too. not knowing i had a bench warrant i gave it to them but then they arrested me. i had a backpack with about a gram of pot and about 2.5 grams of crystal meth on me. the cop asked if he could search my bag and i told him no but while i was in the holding cell they searched it anyways. there were little baggies in there as well so they're trying to get me on possesion and intent to sell. this will be my first offense hoping i can get the warrant dropped seems how i had no notice of the fact i was being charged or had a court date. so will i just get probation or what and also how might i be able to talk down any charge of the possesion or the intent to sell... thanks again kdogg

F

FKNA

The moment you talk to the DA, odds are they will drop the "intent to sell" due to the quantity of drugs you had on you. Therefore, it will be just a possession charge, in which case odds are you will just get probation.

K

kdogg

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH for the advice. i'll do that and i hope it works out well. thanks a bunch again. :D:D:D:D:D:D

kdogg

calatty

I strongly disagree. First, you will never talk to a DA. DA's do not talk to defendants except through the defendant's attorney. If you talk to anyone, it is the police, but you should not talk to them without an attorney. Second, possession for sale is not about quantity, but evidence. Possession of any quantity of drugs and a number of baggies suggests sales. Third, marijuana is one thing, but meth is another. Probation is not at all automatic for possession of meth for sale. You definitely need a lawyer.

F

FKNA

Calatty...I don't know about other states, but at one time here in Texas DA's would not have any problem talking to defendants. As far as the baggies go, I agree if the drugs were broken up in the baggies. But if the baggies were empty, wouldn't that be a weak distribution case???......I concur, they DEFINITELY need to get themselves a lawyer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">