• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any idea?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hisfriend

What is the name of your state? North Dakota

Alright I'm going to try this 1 more time! I would like to know if anyone has any idea what might happen to my friend. He was arrested in Washington a fugitive warrant from N.D. The charge is delievery of a controlled substance. He doesn't have any other drug charges he does however have a felony from stealing a car 6 years ago, he got out of jail from that a year ago this spring. I would just like to know what he is looking @ and what the min. sentence might be. Any info would be great! Thanks for looking.

FlyingRon

Depending on what exactly the charges are it could be up to 20 years on each count. The sentencing guidelines WILL count his previous felony in it's points calculation.

hisfriend

Any time soon?

Is there a possibility that they might let him off on probabtion because it is his 1st drug offense? This is all new to me.. is there a web site i can go to that might tell me what his min. sentemce would have to be? Sorry.. just like i said, this is all new to me, and I'd like to know if I will be seeing him any time soon again... :confused:

FlyingRon

I'm not sure if there is a minimum sentencte, but I'd be very surprised if he ducks jail time. He should be talking to a lawyer not the internet. This is serious.

hisfriend

This is more for me then him. He left today on transport. I don't like not having any idea as to what might be going on. I'm sure once he gets there he will get a lawyer. I just like to be informed, or atleast a head of the game some what. thanks!!

echo1313

It does depend a lot on his felony points as the time goes up with each point. If he got that much time for stealing a car it sounds like the sentancing is pretty harsh in ND. I'm thinking that the time he's looking at is 5-20 years. And it will go up if he was on parole or probation at the time he commited the new charge. You should be able to find a site that will give you time ranges if you just do a general search for ND sentancing standards or something to that effect.

hisfriend

Really just want to know!!

I looked up the century codes, but it really doesn't tell me anything. He was off probation abd parole when he did this. When he stole the car going on 7 years ago now, he was in montana. He also has like 9 misdamenors (spelling) to go with all this stuff, don't know if that counts either. So yeah, if anyone knows a site that lists what the standards are for this type of offense that would be great! Thank you to everyone that has given me insight and advice on this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">