• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ARD Program - conviction or no?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

weezer8802

What is the name of your state? PA

I posted on here before, about being charged with possession of a small amt. of marijuana and possession of drug para. I went to the public defender's office today where I filled out an ARD application...so it looks like I'll be in that.

My question is, while I'm in the ARD program, does that count as a conviction? The reason I'm asking is because of financial aid for college. I just want to make sure this isn't going to affect my eligibility for that.

FlyingRon

My question is, while I'm in the ARD program, does that count as a conviction? The reason I'm asking is because of financial aid for college. I just want to make sure this isn't going to affect my eligibility for that.
If you successfully complete your ARD probation, pay your costs, etc... the charge will be dismissed and you will not have a conviction. That is the whole point of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">