• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arizona Marijuana possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

branham1127

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I live in colorado, i was visiting a buddy of mine that lives in arizona. they stopped me for going 75 in an 80 and since i was from colorado they tore my truck apart and found some marijuana in the glove box (about 2 bowls worth). they gave me a ticket for the possession and a ticket for paraphernalia because of the bag that it was being held in. what kind of sentencing could i be facing? i have no other tickets on my record whatsoever.

The Occultist

Residents of AZ that are first-time offenders of a non-violent crime tend to see quite a bit of leniency from the court in the form of deferred prosecution, which typically entails some fees, attending a drug class, and a [very] light probation, the successful completion of which results in the dismissal of the charges.

Since you actually reside in CO, I'm not quite sure what they're going to do with you. You're going to need to speak with an AZ attorney (the closer to the courthouse handing your case, the better). Many attorneys will offer free/cheap consultations, so you should take advantage of this and sit down with a couple to see what insight they may have to offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">