• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested For Forging 2 Prescriptions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PleasHelpASAP

In Connecticut I was arrested today for 2 counts of 53a-139 (forgery 2nd degree) and 2 counts of 21a-108 (obtain drugs) for bringing in two prescriptions to a pharmacy that were allegedly falsified.

This is my second conviction. I was previously arrested for buying prescription drugs from overseas, and charged with intent to sell (even though I NEVER intended to sell ANYTHING). I am currently about two years into a 5 year suspended sentence.

My probation officer wants to see me first thing in the morning. What can I expect? Am I going to prison? Will I be taken into custody at my probation officers location tomorrow? This all stems from a well-documented genetic medical condition that causes severe pain, and being unable to pay the outrageous medical expenses in the USA.

Please help ASAP - anyone? I'm terrified.

Thanks in advance.

My advice: don't stash anything in any orifices before showing up. You will be having a chemical test, so you should be flushing yourself out real good now.
For once be real early.

PleasHelpASAP

My advice: don't stash anything in any orifices before showing up. You will be having a chemical test, so you should be flushing yourself out real good now.
For once be real early.
Thank for the advice. These are non-narcotic pain relievers, Actually, they're categorized as muscle relaxants. I have been clean of narcotic prescriptions since my first arrest, and I have been tested regularly. Clean urine for sure, but...

I just want to know what to expect?

outonbail

Personally, I would prepare for the worse. We all know what that means.

You don't want to be in jail tomorrow evening trying to call friends and relatives and asking them to feed your dog or pick up your car so it doesn't get towed. So I would be making these calls tonight.

If you were given a five year sentence, which was suspended because you were placed on probation, this charge is most likely going to see you doing some time. Probation is provided as an opportunity to prove you can be a law abiding citizen, without having to spend time in a cage in order to learn your lesson. Unfortunately, you didn't learn anything by not having to serve time for your first conviction.

You were unable to keep your end of a deal, which you agreed to, so you didn't have to go to prison. When you made the deal, I'm sure the judge explained what was expected from you and asked you if you understood all the terms of your probation. The judge also made sure that you knew what would happen, if you failed to abide by the terms of your probation.

I've never heard a judge say that if you violate any terms of your probation, that you will be given another opportunity to try and prove yourself a second time.

Hence, when you tried to obtain prescription drugs illegally, with an altered or forged prescription, you did so knowing exactly what the consequences of your actions would be if you were caught.

Prepare for your loss of freedom. Thinking you will be given another chance, is unrealistic and you may just be setting yourself up for a big disappointment.

Sorry, I know you don't want to read this, but you obviously need to.

outonbail

Why don't you just go to Cannada? ;)
I'm not sure why you would suggest that the OP become a fugitive and go to another country, but I have a suggestion for you.

When the administrator's ban you from this site, learn how to spell before you head to your next forum trolling grounds. You might even pick a forum that deals in a subject you know something about.

Possibly insane asylums, straight jackets and rubber rooms?

I'm not sure why you would suggest that the OP become a fugitive and go to another country, but I have a suggestion for you.

When the administrator's ban you from this site, learn how to spell before you head to your next forum trolling grounds. You might even pick a forum that deals in a subject you know something about.

Possibly insane asylums, straight jackets and rubber rooms?
I was talking about going to Cannada and buy the drugs there because they are so much cheaper. Even Pres Bush pointed this out to the public as an alternitive.

You thought I meant flee to Cannada. Funny! :D

outonbail

I was talking about going to Cannada and buy the drugs there because they are so much cheaper. Even Pres Bush pointed this out to the public as an alternitive.

You thought I meant flee to Cannada. Funny! :D
So your suggesting that the OP purchase the drugs from another country and bring them into the US?

This is what the OP was given a five year sentence and placed on probation for, on the first case.

Hint: Canada has only one "n" in it. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">