• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested and looking for help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

proxi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

will try to give a short synopsis of what my son and I are hoping for.

His information: Charge # 35-48-4-10 B2 FD. Been in Jail since 12/18/09. He has lived in Arizona with me since he lost his job in Indiana and this came about. He has lived in Arizona most of his life except for the 2 years that he lived in Griffith, Indiana renting a home, working, supporting himself legally. He lost his job, ran out of benefits, he had no food, no electricity, no water in the house. I insisted he move back to Arizona. This lead to the horrible incident he is now doing time for. He had an attorney by who at one time supported him with a direction. Attorney went to court with my son on 12/18 and according to the attorney the prosecutor was relentless. the attorney was requesting probation only. Long story short: The attorney is no longer providing legal council to him. He said at a later date if I was interested I could pay for his services to request a modification of sentence. I am sorry to say but my son and I do not believe this attorney can provide or cares to provide any assistance or direction. My son put together a hand written request for a modification of sentence. Apparently, this cannot be done unless this type of request is filed with the Clerks Office, etc. We don't know the legal system. Other concerns: My son had a grand mall seizure while incarcerated. This has never happened to him ever in his life. He was not taken care of afterwards medically other than placed on a metal bed until he came out of the seizure. He has a missing lung from about 10 years ago or less. He is not medically nor mentally fit to do time in jail. I want him to be in Arizona on home release. His father is now on hospice since a few days ago with lung cancer, and lymphoma. I have called the jail, I have called his attorney, I have emailed the Governor and NO one will give us the time of day. and he has a father who will die soon. It is important for my son to be here in Arizona during his fathers last days. According to hospice he may have 1 month and they hope he will longer that that. After reading all of the above is this request unreasonable?

I hope I didn't bore you too much with our dilemma but just know we are asking for some direction or any help you could provide for us. Good or bad.

In two other threads you stated this was your brother. Now it's your son?

His father is now on hospice since a few days ago with lung cancer, and lymphoma.
You said that you are his father. Do you have lymphoma?

If you want sound advice you need to be straight with the people here.

proxi

It is my brother, the letter is from my mother, she asked if I would post it. So I did.
Sorry to confuse.

proxi

My brother has been charged a Class D felony for poss of mary jane. He was sentenced to 2 yrs prison and 6mths

MY Family is just looking for help, not an argument..

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Maybe it's time for the son-brother to grow up and accept consequences. His brother/sister/mother can't always save him...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">