• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested for possession 49 grams of cannabis and 3 grams of pollen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GREENGOBLIN

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? This happened in California

Just this last weekend I was down in California visiting this girl I would hang with ended up going to Pepperdine and wanted me to see her and that is where I went. Why not? crazy downhill skating and partying sounded good to me. Sundday afternoon I was smoking bong in her bathroom with her and some girl down the hall told the RA that I was staying the night with a girl and the RA unlocked the door came in took my weed and bong while I was in my boxers talking to him in the hall he called the police and they took my 34 grams. And found 15 more grams which was the girls and her room mates. I took all the blame claimed the weed was all mine and said that she didn’t smoke and it was all me I still have to go to court what could I be looking at here. What should I do? Those girls would have been kicked out of their college if I didn't take the blame. Will this be a felony? How should I go about this?

CdwJava

It says health and saftey code 11357 and its for more than an ounce of cannabis.
So, H&S 11357(c)?

(c) Except as authorized by law, every person who possesses more
than 28.5 grams of marijuana, other than concentrated cannabis, shall
be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for a period of not
more than six months or by a fine of not more than five hundred
dollars ($500), or by both such fine and imprisonment.​

It is a misdemeanor offense eligible for diversion. Your friend could also find herself kicked out of the dorms or out of school for smoking dope if they decide that her story doesn't hold water. In all, not a very wise move on anyone's part.

GREENGOBLIN

So, H&S 11357(c)?

(c) Except as authorized by law, every person who possesses more
than 28.5 grams of marijuana, other than concentrated cannabis, shall
be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for a period of not
more than six months or by a fine of not more than five hundred
dollars ($500), or by both such fine and imprisonment.​

It is a misdemeanor offense eligible for diversion. Your friend could also find herself kicked out of the dorms or out of school for smoking dope if they decide that her story doesn't hold water. In all, not a very wise move on anyone's part.
Yeah thats the right one. The only reason I took the fall for there marijuana was so they wouldn't get kicked out. She talked to the dean today and they told her that she is able to stay so at least it was some what worth doing.

CdwJava

What do you mean that its eligible for diversion. Like as in me taking the fall for their cannabis?
Possession charges generally mean that you can accept diversion in lieu of a conviction. You accept probation, drug treatment and counseling and the charge is dismissed if you successfully complete the program. These can come in diferent forms, but the most common is commonly referred to as "Prop 36." Others might include Drug Court or PC 1000 programs.

GREENGOBLIN

Possession charges generally mean that you can accept diversion in lieu of a conviction. You accept probation, drug treatment and counseling and the charge is dismissed if you successfully complete the program. These can come in diferent forms, but the most common is commonly referred to as "Prop 36." Others might include Drug Court or PC 1000 programs.
Cool thanks for the info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">