• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arresting officer arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jeff b

I was arrested on drug charges. Two weeks later arresting detective arrested for sex abuse of minor. How does this affect my case?

CdwJava

I was arrested on drug charges. Two weeks later arresting detective arrested for sex abuse of minor. How does this affect my case?
What state?

And, it MAY help you out ... or, it may not. A lot will depend on the circumstances of YOUR case and who else might have been involved. If this detective was merely one of a number of officers involved in your case, or the evidence is such that his credibility is not a lynchpin of the case, then this detective's arrest does you little good.

Talk to your attorney.

Jeff b

Lead detevtive

Oregon. The detective was one of many but he was the one who wrote the discovery and went to grand jury

quincy

Unless you were the minor who was sexually abused by the detective, the arrest of the detective on child abuse charges should not affect your drug charges in any measureable way.

Do you have an attorney working for you? You will want one.

quincy

Wouldn't the DA have to submit a new discovery?
Not necessarily.

Do you have an attorney, Jeff? Your attorney will be able to answer all of the questions you have.

Again, though, the fact that the detective has been arrested on child abuse charges should not play a major role in your drug charges. If your attorney thinks he can work this fact to your favor, however, I am sure he will do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">