• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attempt to posses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ksmalls

What is the name of your state? VA

I was called by a young lady to meet her at a location. When I got to the location I was then told to follow her to another location. I followed her to a parking lot with a lot of cars in it. She got out of her car and into mine. I then left with her to smoke some weed. On the way out of the parking lot she tells me she has to go back and meet her man. I then turn around and drop her off. I never meet anyone but her and I never stepped out of my car or showed anyone any money. On my way home undercover officers run into my car and take me out of the car. They say I was being charged with Attempt to posses with the intent to distribute. How can I be charged with this?

K

ksmalls

No, there was no verbal agreement to get anything. I just dropped her off then I left.

JETX

Methinks, we are NOT hearing the full story here.

"I was called by a young lady to meet her at a location."
Gee, I guess that you agree to meet anyone who calls with a wrong number. Or did you know this 'young lady' who called??

"When I got to the location I was then told to follow her to another location. I followed her to a parking lot with a lot of cars in it. She got out of her car and into mine. I then left with her to smoke some weed."
Gee, sounds like illegal activity to me!

"On the way out of the parking lot she tells me she has to go back and meet her man. I then turn around and drop her off. I never meet anyone but her and I never stepped out of my car or showed anyone any money."
Ahhhh, how MUCH money did you have that you didn't show?/

"How can I be charged with this?"
Very easy. Police investigate. Take evidence to DA. DA reviews evidence and decides to accept charge. You now get the opportunity to explain your 'innocence' to a court.

K

ksmalls

Thanks for the Replies. I will consult someone about this.

Kenny

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">