• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney's market rate for fees in Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dklittl

What is the name of your state? Georgia

A friend of the family was charged with 1st degree forgery for a doctor's prescription. I know that this forum is typically for people on the client side, but they want me to represent them and I've spent most of my time as corporate lawyer and don't have any information on market rates for services. I'm planning to cut them a discount as I've already gotten them through the bail hearing stage pro bono, but I would appreciate any information on typical retainer and hourly rates for criminal defense attorneys in Georgia. Any links to fee information or actual going rates would be much appreciated.

Daren

JBK in Georgia

I don't do criminal defense, but one of my partners does. He charges flat fees for most matters, but when he charges an hourly fee, his rate is $235. We are in East Cobb, and he's been practicing about 15 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">