• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ammandaturner

Reno,NV
Two nights ago my boyfriend (19) and I (19) got pulled over because a cop saw me throwing up out the window. My boyfriend has dreadlocks and burning man stickers all over his truck so of course the cop asked him if he had any dope on him. He didnt want to lie so he gave the cop all 3 ounces of it. He also had about an eighth of shrooms and a couple of beers in the car. The cop gave him a sobriety test which he did not pass, they also gave me one. I didnt pass either. They hauled us both off to jail. I got out the next day with just an MIC. He wasnt so lucky...charged with a traffic violation, his truck was past due being registered, three counts of possesion of marijuana with intent to sell, a drug DUI, one count of possesion of a controlled substance, being under the influence of a controlled substance and two counts of posession of drug paraphanalia. How screwed is he?? PS. this is his first time getting caught for something like this, the only other thing on his record is an MIP.

Is there any possibility he can claim being of American Indian decent?

Otherwise he is in a bit of a pickle, and his bail might be a bit steep.

CdwJava

Your boyfriend appears to be facing multiple felonies. He needs an attorney immediately if he has any hope of coming out of this without a lengthy stay in prison. A good plea deal may result in extensive probation and minimal jail time if he is lucky.

Antigone*

Is there any possibility he can claim being of American Indian decent?

Otherwise he is in a bit of a pickle, and his bail might be a bit steep.
Who cares about his heritage. Under the influence American Indian drivers can kill too :mad:

I suggest a new boyfriend and that you stay away from bad influences.

ammandaturner

What if he is American Indian?? and im not getting a new boyfriend just because he did something bad...just cause people do bad things doesnt make them bad people!!:mad:

What if he is American Indian?? ...
There maybe some religious latitude given to American Indians in respect to the use of certain mushrooms and other organic substances. Or I might be wrong?
If he is not of American Indian decent, then it is a mood point anyway.

Last edited:

ammandaturner

ha youre an *******! people make mistakes...you can honestly sit there and tell me youve never done anything bad? whatever i came to this website for help not to have someone who has nothing better to do bag on me...and my boyfriend

CdwJava

ha youre an *******! people make mistakes...you can honestly sit there and tell me youve never done anything bad?
A "mistake" would have been forgetting your change at Starbucks ... transporting marijuana and shrooms for sales is just plain bad. It is an intentional and felonious act.

And, no, I have never committed a felony in my life. I have done some "bad" stuff though ... I have taken money from my sister's dresser when I was 13, I drank a couple of times at high school parties, and I may have sped a time or twelve, but I never had such a lapse of judgment as to transport controlled substances for sales.

The only real advice any of us can give is that he obtains a very good attorney.

Understand, also, that you are a witness for the prosecution. Even if you do not like it, you can be called to the stand to testify against him. So, do not talk to him about the case, do not find out more details, don't do anything that you might have to relate in court. About all you can do is help him find the money for an attorney, or, stand back and let his court-appointed attorney do his or her job.

You may also want to consider an attorney for your own offense. While minor, it might be worth while to have an attorney look at it

Proserpina

ha youre an *******! people make mistakes...you can honestly sit there and tell me youve never done anything bad? whatever i came to this website for help not to have someone who has nothing better to do bag on me...and my boyfriend

You were told that your boyfriend needs an attorney.

That's the correct advice.

You also need to knock off your attitude and recognize that yes - doing bad things is exactly what makes someone a bad person.

CdwJava

If attorneys' fees are similar to the north state of CA, then he is looking for a low end of $1,500, I imagine, and that would likely be for review and to work out a plea and a couple short court appearances. More if it goes to trial - perhaps 4 to 5 times as much.

If he cannot afford an attorney, the state will appoint one for him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">