• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bench probation OSC - 3 years after the fact?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gentrylila

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

Hey everyone. I really hope someone can give me some insight here. Okay, so here's the deal: I plead guilty to a class B msdmr. paraphernalia charge in January of 2007. They put me on good behavior probation for 1 year. Bear in mind, this was in January of 2007. I assumed that my case was closed, seeing as it is now April of 09. The only other trouble I got into was a forgery case that landed me in drug court, but this was well after my bench probation should have expired. So then, much to my surprise, today I received a letter from the court pretty much saying I have a bench warrant out, and there's an OSC (Order to Show Cause) filed. WHAT?! I am so confused, not to mention DISTRESSED, over how this could be happening, and why. Could anybody please help me out and give me some insight? It's the weekend so I can't do anything about this right now, and the stress of not knowing how the hell this happened is killing me!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">