• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

boyfriend arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bambigirl

my boyfriend was arrested and charged with a misdemeanor in nyc for selling coke...this was his first offense and was let go and told to appear in court later in the month.
ive since ended the relationship and wonder if i should be contacting my own lawyer.
he was told that he would be offered something when he goes to court...does this mean that he could still be charged with something else?

E

Elvis

Bambi -
Somthings wrong with your story - Selling coke in NYC is not a misdemeanor charge unless it was coca cola and he was selling it on the street without a vendor license. If he was selling cocaine it is a felony in NYC. and if it was dismissed it must've been due to a lack of evidence or he cut a deal.

I'm unsure as to what your concern is if you dumped the doper you have nothing to worry about EXCEPT if you are his supplier and his case was dismissed because he cut a deal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">