• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boyfriend beat by a cop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

riddiksgirl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC
My boyfriend was picked up last night while trying to purchase marijuana, and the guy who was selling it to him fled. So now my boyfriend is being charged with possession with intent to distribute. While in custody, hands cuffed behind his back he called the cops mother****ers and this apparently sent the female cop into a rage, and she proceeded to beat my boyfriend all over his head, push his head back, punch, slap and try to basically choke him out. Anger surged through me, and I tried to get this with my cell phone, but my effing password slowed me down. There were three other cops who witnessed this, and they even told her to clam down. When she backed away from him she got in one more slap across his face. Help! What can i do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

riddiksgirl

Why did I join this pathetic site if nobody is going to give sound advice. WTF? No, not good for her, she is out of control and does not need to be a police officer. Look, I get it, my bf should not do drugs, yeah...and cops are killed by drug users and drug dealers and pathetic sobs, but he was cuffed behind his back and not fighting or struggling or trying to fight back. I respect cops, but this female was out of control.

Mass_Shyster

What can i do?
If your boyfriend decides to file a complaint, and they ask you what happened, you can answer the questions. If it ever makes it to court, you can testify. Other than that, there's not much you can do.

It sounds like both you and your boyfriend have some anger issues. He was foolish to mouth off to a cop while handcuffed, and you were unable to control your anger enough to key a password into your cell phone.

Also remember, it is the word of an alleged drug dealer and his girlfriend against that of four police officers. Who do you think will win?

Mass_Shyster

So now my boyfriend is being charged with possession with intent to distribute.
But he is an alleged drug dealer.

What do you want? Some magical advice to make the world change?

I don't have it. Life's not fair. (write that down)

Just Blue

My boyfriend is not a drug dealer. And seeing a loved one get beat wouldn't make you angry?
Honestly?

Seeing a "loved one" purchasing illegal drugs, getting caught and being flippin' STUPID enough to call the officers, that are doing their JOB, mother -------, would piss me off. The rest I would call "karma".

Get a new bf, stay off of drugs and deal with it.

mommyof4

It sounds like both you and your boyfriend have some anger issues. He was foolish to mouth off to a cop while handcuffed, and you were unable to control your anger enough to key a password into your cell phone.
Not to mention the evidence that she is unable to control her anger when asking a question about this incident on a public forum (from her first post to her replies.)

OP, your boyfriend is stupid. Hopefully, he had some sense slapped into him. Is it 'right', legally speaking, that he was whooped? Probably not. Now, how much sympathy do you think his plight is going to garner? Seriously.

Lose the boyfriend and work on your personality skills. You might surprise yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">