• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BS controlled substance charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

h1nasied

Wisconsin

I was recently charged with possession of a controlled substance because a bag of marijuana was lying on my foot. I was riding in the backseat of my friends car, passed out, when he got pulled over and threw the bag under the seat and it landed on my foot. The friend driving got a DUI and I was charged with possession even though I hadn't even touched the bag and didn't know what it looked like. My friend won't cooperate and admit its his because he's a worthless little prick with a drinking problem. Will I be able to get the charges dropped. I never touched the bag so they can fingerprint it and I can pass a drug test. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

dave33

Your "friend" put his drugs on you. I doubt the charges will get dropped, why should they? You will most likely have to make your argument in court if you choose to not take a plea.goodluck.

Ladyback1

only help I can offer is: Pick better friends next time!

if it's your first charge, then you might get some leniency.

h1nasied

only help I can offer is: Pick better friends next time!

if it's your first charge, then you might get some leniency.
Yes it is my first charge. And if my friend doesn't step up and admit it's his then i won't have to worry about interacting with him ever again.

tranquility

I'd get an attorney if it is important to you (as it should be), as the driver admitting it is his does not get you out of possession charges. Possession is not about ownership so much as control and knowledge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">