• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Busted for growing Psilocybin mushrooms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rocketstar

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Hello,

Yesterday two police officers arrived at my door asking to search my house without a warrant based on several anonomous tips that I was growing illegal mushrooms in my house. They said if I didn't cooperate and allow them to search they would make me leave my home until they could acquire a search warrant. I decided to allow them to search my room.

They found two small trays of psilocybin mycelium growing in a substrate. There were no mushrooms growing, it was still in early stages of development. The officers confiscated the trays & all of my growing supplies. Once they verify that the trays contain psilocybin, then I will be arrested.

I'm 16 years old. I'm currently on supervision for attempted burglary. I know my chances aren't looking too good but I was hoping someone would possibly be able to give me some insight on what I'm facing here. Possibly any juvenille detention time?

Any advice or information anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Rocketstar said:
What is the name of your state?Hello,

Yesterday two police officers arrived at my door asking to search my house without a warrant based on several anonomous tips that I was growing illegal mushrooms in my house. They said if I didn't cooperate and allow them to search they would make me leave my home until they could acquire a search warrant. I decided to allow them to search my room.

They found two small trays of psilocybin mycelium growing in a substrate. There were no mushrooms growing, it was still in early stages of development. The officers confiscated the trays & all of my growing supplies. Once they verify that the trays contain psilocybin, then I will be arrested.

I'm 16 years old & I live in Illinois. I'm currently on supervision for attempted burglary. I know my chances aren't looking too good but I was hoping someone would possibly be able to give me some insight on what I'm facing here. Possibly any juvenille detention time?

Any advice or information anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

**A: listen kid, I gotta hand it to you. You are at least smart enough to know that your chances aren't looking too good. Was that really you talking or the shrooms?

Last edited:

TexRoughneck

Never, EVER, allow anyone to enter your home unless invited, or accompanied by a court-issued warrant or subpoena. It doesn't matter if you have illegal goings-on or not. This is a fundamental right of our country.

HomeGuru

TexRoughneck said:
Never, EVER, allow anyone to enter your home unless invited, or accompanied by a court-issued warrant or subpoena. It doesn't matter if you have illegal goings-on or not. This is a fundamental right of our country.

**A: does that include Santa Claus?

Rocketstar

Well, I should've guessed I wouldn't get much help from a free legal advice forum.

Oh well, I'll just wait for the court date.

HomeGuru

rmet4nzkx said:
He's only 16, he's going to have to wait for Big Bubba, but I'll bet there is a Bubba in training waiting for him.

**A: it's Bubba's nephew, the large gay transvestite.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">