• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

busted with marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

matt240

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I was driving through Virginia and was pulled for speeding. I was busted with a very small amount of marijuana and a bat packed with weed. My court date is in about 3 weeks what should I do?
get a lawyer? or just plead guilty? What is the norm fine for first offenders?
thanks for any advice

JETX

Your posssible liability is determined largely by what your actual charges were... and you didn't tell us.

X

xavierdoom

I just marvel at how easy it is to catch criminals.

You have pot in the car and you are caught speeding. And then you worry about going to jail. ha ha

S

sissygirl

too bad you dont live here in San Francisco. Hell, you can buy it shops here like in amsterdam and the cops would just send you on your way. whats up with all thosew hick states anyways?

T

TotalTerror

I got busted in PA selling .41 grams of weed to a narc. It is my first offense, and I will probably got to jail for 1-6 months. the drug laws in the northeast are absolutely riduculous.

Xavierdoom, your are an idiot... why do you even post on this forum? i cringe when i see your name because i know that anything you have posted is a poorly written, asinine, worthless statement because for some reason you think you are better than everyone else.

-Becky

S

sissygirl

pot is a victimless crime as far as I am concerned...no matter what those commercials say. just my opinion

ellencee

I'm pro-legalization, also--however, it hasn't happened, yet and this guy is going up for intent to sell, or to distribute, or whatever a like charge is in that court.

The bat packed with weed, wasn't kudzu--it, too was marijuana.

He had some on his person and some safely stashed away in a bat. What weight bat was it, anyway?

You could receive a significant penalty; I doubt you will get a simple slap on the wrist, hick town or not--intent to sell is not the same as a joint tucked behind your ear or rolled up in your undershirt's sleeve.

Wanna hear a funny, true, and TV documented snafu by some local yokel police? When I was in college at GA Southern, the local police and sheriff's department found a field of cultivated marijuana. What action did they take? They burned the field. There on the news were the county's best-boys stoned out of their minds, trying to tell the story of the big bust they made!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">