• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BUSTED::Pot>Adderall>MDMA>LSD=HELP!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SpaceCase02

What Happened: Pulled over for driving under suspension. the cop told me that my car was going to be impounded & searched. What was weird was when a K-9 unit showed up not even 15 mins after id gotten pulled over & before the cop had actually told me anything about searching my car, which i gave consent to.

Busted with: baggies, scales, 70g of bud(already pieced out), 20 Adderall(in an unmarked pill bottle), 4 MDMA pills, 2.5 sheets of LSD(without the lines drawn on them) & enough info written down on paper to make it look like i am running a drug ring...all in the trunk of course.

End Result of that Nite: altho the cop told me that i should be brought to jail for trafficking, they let me go and only charged me with the DUS & that they were going to wait until they got the lab test results back from the rest of the drugs they found.

Questions:
- is it normal procedure for K-9 to show up even though there was verbal consent to search? is it even normal procedure in the first place to search a car that is being impounded?
- what information should i know about indictments? Surveillance?
- this is my first offense but im pretty sure that there are no loopholes in my case...what if a lawyer doesnt want to take my case?
- how many years of prison time should i expect?

thanks thanks & thanks!
- Out-of-Hope-Ohio

CavemanLawyer

K9 officers and patrol officers are not mutually exclusive. If the first officer radioed for some help, the responding officer might have just happened to also be a K9 officer.

Yes it is very common to do a search of a person's vehicle after their arrest, before the vehicle is towed. This is largely done for liability purposes. An inventory is taken of items in the car so that if someone steals them from the vehicle while it is at the impound lot (unfortunately very common in some areas) the police dept. won't be held liable. The inventory shows that the item(s) were present at the time they relinquished control over the vehicle to the tow truck. After that is not their responsibility. The practical effect of this inventory though is that if the officer has probable cause to arrest for anything than they are generally going to be able to search the vehicle for any contraband.

SpaceCase02

k also good advice....if only i knew what PD stood for :confused: lol (hopes you reply with this information) ;) k. still need to know about felonies and indictments to anyone who can be of service :D

FlyingRon

I was going to ask what the stuff "written down" that makes you look like you are traffficking, but don't bother telling me. You probably are trafficking. Even if you are just obtaining, saving drugs for friends, that's intent to distribute, even if you aren't making a profit.

Shut up and talk only to a lawyer at this point.

SpaceCase02

[hmm, "we'll get back to you with the lab results?" and let you go? that is interesting. but if the drugs did indeed make it to the lab then they have all they need for an indictment.]

what do you mean? why is that 'interesting'?? i sense you know something i do not? please share.

CavemanLawyer

Since he admitted that it looks like he is running a drug ring, it is possible that the officers let him go so that they can do surveillance on him. They may be wondering where the poster gets his drugs and they might think that he is the key to that.

Sounds like the cops are using you as a puppet. If I were in your place I would try to see if the court has a summons or an arraignment date for me within the next week. Lab results shouldn't take more than a week so if you check next week and you do not have a court date, drugs must have gotten lost on the way to court. In any event this is good news to you, my only advice "Stop selling F*cking drugs", unless you like prison. My guess you are already under surveillance since they knew were to find the stash. To be honest I have seen individuals go to prison for a lot less than the amount you had.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">