• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Busted trying to mail cannibis in california 11lbs and walked WTF?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ddown13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

flew in to cali on monday, just got home today, wednesday i had boxed up some weed and tried to ship out from usps, went back to my room to pack up and catch my flight, upon going back to my rental to head to LAX five plain clothed sherriffs im assuming were tapping on the car window, they knew everything, BUSTED !!!!!!, they told me to calm down, that they knew what was up with us out of staters coming for the good stuff. pretty much they searched my room, asked some questions, and let me walk, the lead officer pretty mch told me if i didnt get a letter here in tx in 3 weeks or so, consider myself lucky. Im baffled, no cuffs, no ticket, no nothing. and yes they were real cops, a friend said maybe they were fakes but they werent. im a tx resident so thus im asking "does this sound normal" or is my door getting kicked in by TX cops after the cali cops tell them what i was up to?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

flew in to cali on monday, just got home today, wednesday i had boxed up some weed and tried to ship out from usps, went back to my room to pack up and catch my flight, upon going back to my rental to head to LAX five plain clothed sherriffs im assuming were tapping on the car window, they knew everything, BUSTED !!!!!!, they told me to calm down, that they knew what was up with us out of staters coming for the good stuff. pretty much they searched my room, asked some questions, and let me walk, the lead officer pretty mch told me if i didnt get a letter here in tx in 3 weeks or so, consider myself lucky. Im baffled, no cuffs, no ticket, no nothing. and yes they were real cops, a friend said maybe they were fakes but they werent. im a tx resident so thus im asking "does this sound normal" or is my door getting kicked in by TX cops after the cali cops tell them what i was up to?
You used the USPS (federal) -- I would be more concerned of the feds breaking down your door because you committed a FEDERAL crime.

Silverplum

Everyone here, with the notable exception of you, is a grownup.

Your title is rude. :rolleyes:

dave33

Im baffled, no cuffs, no ticket, no nothing.

How much information did you give them? They got information from you or they have certainly made it look like they did.

You will just have to wait and see. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">