• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA-Driver in Possession of Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LastManOnEarth

25 years old
San Bernardino County, CA

Long story short, I was given a ticket for VC 23222 (b) Driver in Possession of Marijuana. Less than a Gram

My court date is in a couple weeks, and was wondering what the process will be.

Do I need a public defender? I know the fine is about $100 and that total with court fees etc will be close to $400. What should I expect?

Is there a way I can have this removed from my record? I have a clean record except for a speeding ticket 3 years ago. Anyone with information pleas post. Greatly appreciated

The Occultist

Possession in CA probably accounts for 50% of the threads on this forum. Some minimal searching should produce all the answers you seek.

CourtClerk

Do you need a public defender? No. Should you have one? Yes. The fine is $100 plus penalties and assessments will make it jump to right at $380.00. You also risk suspension of your license.

When you go for arraignment, you should ask the judge to assign you a public defender if there isn't one already in the courtroom. The courtrooms I worked in already had them there (as well as city attornies ready to deal).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">