• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA Possesion Inquiry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bbrwniii

A friend of mine was recently arrested for possesion of meth. We live in California. They said they found .3 grams. The bag was empty with residue only from when she used 4 yrs ago. She has been clean for 4 years and she is now being charged with felony possesion. How much do you need to be in possesion of for it to be considered a felony possesion?

M

MomStepmom

That is a good question....My son was arrested and is sentenced to 5 years for residue in a vile. It was considered a felony, and the sentence could be 1 to 5. My son got max, 5 years. Somebody with the know please tell us both. Thanks.

M

Mikedani

Any amount including residue is considered possession. Which is a felony. If your friend still had a bag, they are probably still using. Why would someone who was clean still have a bag from 4 years ago?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">