• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California PC1000-1000.8

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kijeren

California -
"Deferred entry of judgement"

Having completed all the requirements of this section, and having a letter stating that the charges have been dismissed (dated 1995).

I'm completing a form which asks
Have you ever been convicted by any court of a felony, OR a misdemeanor, OR have you ever been arrested or cited for an offense for which trial is pending?* Applicants are required to disclose ALL convictions, including convictions dismissed under Sections 1203.4 or 1203.4a of the Penal Code. If Yes to any of the questions, give details in Item 16.

I can say "no", right? Because the charges were dismissed before I was convicted?

Thanks.

garrula lingua

per 1000(d) A defendant's plea of guilty pursuant to this chapter shall not constitute a conviction for any purpose unless a judgment of guilty is entered pursuant to Section 1000.3

so, you were never convicted, and
you are/were not awaiting trial.
1203 doesn't apply.

The correct answer is NO

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">