• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can the DEA talk to the County prosecutor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

is300ss

Hi,
sorry if you seen this tread in the other section. wasn't sure where to put it. thanks

I live in Illinois, my case is in illinois as well.

I am currently in pre-trial for a possession of a controlled substance.

I feel i should explain why i am asking this question
so to spare your time I'll make a long story short.
(if you dont want to read the whole thing just jump to the bottom, but please let me know you did not read all of it if you answer my question. I believe my situation is different.)

about 9 months ago I had to call an ambulance because my friend over dosed on heroin in my basement. I was lucky to wake up myself and call the before he died!
I was out of it so i didn't clean up very good at all, so they said they where going to charge me. well they didnt right away.

a couple of months after that incident I started selling weed for a friend and driving him around. He sold a lot...
his marijuana connect fell through so he started picking up extasy. all this time he was using my phone eventhough i told him not to.

so long story short he (i guess WE) got really hot and the IL DEA started following us everywhere.
from here to iowa back here to lalapaloza, back to iowa to IL to missiori to back to IL. then to Atlanta. then we went to NY.
I wanted to stop helping him in atlanta, but he wouldnt go back to IL. so we went to NY cuz i knew from there we would get at least close to IL so i can get out.
after NY he wanted to go to pitsburg. somwhere on the way he fell asleep for a long time so I turned around and headed home. (i crashed my car in iowa so he bought a little truck, so i couldnt get out sooner.

so after i went home he continued and went to colorado and cali. on the way back here he lost the feds (easier cuz he didnt have my phone and got a new one. WHICH I TOLD HIM WE NEEDED TO DO BEFORE ALL OF THIS!!) somewhere in IL and later got pulled over for speeding.
he had a warrant for missing a court date, the cop searched his car, found all of his pills in a dumb spot and he was busted.

the reason they didn't just do that in the first place is because the extasy he had access to was manufactered by a very famous guy in chicago area they can't seem to bust. they call him Mr.Mint.
to me it only makes sense that they where trying to get someone in the inside at every concert and festival we went to. so they can bust us then get us to rat out his guy, so he can rat out his guy, so on and so forth up the chain.

anyways so they didn't catch me or him. they didnt like that to much especially because we have both been investigated before years before in our home town NOT together.

so when he got busted they started watching me again eventhough i was not doing anything. after months all they could do was bring up this very old possession charge.
they still watch me today.

sorry, but that WAS a short version!

so my question is. Can the DEA talk to the prosecutor and vary the outcome of your court case EVEN IF my possession charge is a different drug then the one I dealing while being investigated (followed around everywhere)??

I hope they can't, but i can't help to believe that they can do whatever they want. especially because they wasted sooo much time and money on me. plus trust me... we gave them a really hard time. I feel they learned a lot from us. the agents used to be really really obvious. now they sharpened up quite a bit. YOUR WELCOME ILLINOIS DEA.
unless its the federal one watching me now... I dont care i dont do anything anyways. I dont even use.

Thank you very much for your time.
your answers are greatly appreciated!!

FlyingRon

That's a nice novel (and you really didn't need to post it twice), but the various police agencies, the state and federal DEA and FBI, and the prosecutors are not only allowed to talk to each other, but they can even be expected to.

They can be expected to follow a couple of heroin-drug dealers like the two of you and see what other things they can find out you are involved in. Despite the fact that you only think of your self as a marijuana dealer, you're conspiring with and participating your buddy with his mdma dealings which you can be prosecuted for as well.

I got a hint for you, if you don't want the DEA to follow you around and get involved with your court cases: STOP USING AND SELLING DRUGS.

This isn't the "how do I break the law forum."

You need a lawyer and serious addiction help.

is300ss

ok thank you for the input. I'm not sure it really answered my question though.

so can the DEA's information to the prosecutor be sure i do not get out easy? I have a really good lawyer and he says that I will most likely get supervision, community service, a fine and some classes.
because it is my first felony.

sorry i posted it twice this is my first time using this forum.
and i did say i stopped using... and i really did, not just saying that.

so is the prosecutor going try and make sure i get the harshest outcome? or can they not go off of that information because it has absolutely nothing to do with the charge?

thank you

FlyingRon

Yes, the DEA can go to the prosecutor with further dirt on you to dissuade them from offering any leniency that they may have been otherwise misguided enough to offer you. Listen to your lawyer. Shut the hell up otherise.

Son of Slam

Hi,
...my friend over dosed on heroin in my basement....I started selling weed for a friend and driving him around. He sold a lot...
he started picking up extasy....EVEN IF my possession charge is a different drug then the one I dealing while being investigated ...
IF what you post is true, don't expect to see the post used as evidence in court even though the judge will take it into consideration.

is300ss

IF what you post is true, don't expect to see the post used as evidence in court even though the judge will take it into consideration.
Do you mean like literally use the post as evidence? or do you mean dont expect the DEA to talk to him and try to get him to lock me up? please specify Thanks so much.

and yeah of course I will let the lawyer do all the talking what do you expect?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">