• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can the hospital relase drug test info?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jessika

:( After my car accident the police gave me sobriety tests (which I passed) and asked the hospital to take urine and blood for testing. My parents gave the hospital permission to do so since I'm a minor and they sighned relase forms for the testing. My mother is a full time employee (a RN) of the hospital that took the blood and urine. Can the hospital release the results of the tests to the police without parental consent? Is there any way my mom can have the hospital not relase the info, can she prevent the results getting to the police? Being that I passed the sobriety tests I think the only reason the cops proceeded with further testing is because of my scruffy appearance and dreadlocked hair.Please Help.E-mail me at [email protected].
- Jessica
Manahawkin N.J.
(609)978-1231
:( :confused:

racer72

If the test were requested by the police, the results must be turned over to them. Your parents will have no say as whether the results may be released. Attempting to block the release could result in some serious charges against those involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">