• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chicosudaddy

santa barbara,california
i have a public defender representing me can i fire him and get a new lawywer some one also said that if i fire the public defender three times for a conflict of intrest the judge will appoint a private attorney

CdwJava

Then you can either have the public defender or represent yourself. Firing one "three times" (by clicking your heels? ;) ) does not grant you special access to a private attorney. The judge has to approve your termination of counsel, and unless you come up with a good reason, it ain't gonna happen!

- Carl

Betty

santa barbara,california
i have a public defender representing me can i fire him and get a new lawywer some one also said that if i fire the public defender three times for a conflict of intrest the judge will appoint a private attorney
This someone is not correct. If you want a private attorney, you would have to pay him. Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">