• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i be charged?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paranoid420

hi. i'm new to this forum and really glad i found it. im really worried right now that i may be charged with prescription forgery. i never forged anything, but my friend did and she got me to go in and pick up the fake prescriptions. the other day i was questioned by the police about it, but wasn't charged. im scared. they said i will have to testify in court against her. does anyone out there have any advice on this subject. please respond soon..

ellencee

I believe aiding and abetting a criminal, or in the commission of a crime is still a valid offense. I think the police hinted you would not be charged if you testify. I'd give that some serious consideration, if I were in your shoes.

P

paranoid420

i know that aiding and abetting is an offense, and i know that i have to testify, im just scared. we were kinda friends and all, but people and police told me that she wasn't a friend if she send me in to do that.

ellencee

She used your belief in that friendship to set you up to be the one arrested. I would say friends don't do that, but sometimes friends do unkind things, especially when a drug addiction is involved. You will be fine in court if you just tell the truth. I think you should get an attorney, though. I wouldn't want to go into court unadvised and not knowing what to say and what not to say and without an attorney to object to the questioning if needed.

calatty

You need an attorney. If you testify to your participation, you can be charged with aiding and abetting unless you are first granted immunity for your testimony, meaning they can't charge you with any crime for what you say you did. If you aren't granted immunity, you can plead the Fifth Amendment and refuse to testify on the grounds it might incriminate you.

P

paranoid420

well if i didnt know that prescriptions were fake. thats what i told the investagater when she investagated me. they took my statement and i signed it without an attorney, but basically in the statement i stated that i didnt' know that the prescription were fake, and she told me i would have to come and testlfy against her. but i feel like the cops are watching me, they park outside where i work at a couple times, and i dont know if im just paranoid are if they may be watching me.

ellencee

You need an attorney! They are going to make minced meat out of you and try and make it seem like you knew, even if you didn't.
Please don't state on this site if you knew or didn't know; OK?

Get an attorney!

On the classroom wall in the Psych department at college was a sign that said, "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you". In your case, I don't think that's a joke; I think it's real.

P

paranoid420

what do you do if you can't afford an attorney? get a court appointed one or what. what do you mean by i shouldn't post on this forum. how would they know that im using this forum?

ellencee

I suppose you could tell the court that you need an attorney and can't afford one and until such time, I suppose you could simply state that you plead the Fifth Amendment as the attorney, calatty stated.
If you are contacted by the DA, etc. you could tell the DA that unless you are granted immunity, signed and dated and legally done, you will be pleading the Fifth Amendment.
Don't post your guilt or innocence here--if they ask you if you have told anyone that you had prior knowledge, the answer would be yes and they are pretty good at picking up on lying from nervous witnesses.
You never know who is reading your emails, either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">