• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i be charged with manufacturing marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danoneedshelp

.Hi I live in iowa. Last weekend I was at my fiances dads house. I was smoking two chickens and 4 racks of ribs. I started cooking at 8am. I was bored so I began to walk around and saw some marijuana plants and started cutting them down to throw in the fire I had going. Than a sheriff pulled up and asked what I was doing back there so I showed him. And he wanted to search my car so I gave him my pipe. The sheriff than went back and took pictures of the plants and we cut them down and threw them in the fire. I just received a phone call today and it was a sheriff saying he was going to charge me with manufacturing marijuana. Unless I went under cover and made some buys with one of their pending cases. CAN THEY CHARGE ME WITH THE ABOVE? PLEASE HELP!!!

OHRoadwarrior

Amazing how you, an admitted smoker, randomly found these plants growing behind a house. You, being the conscientious drug user you are, were going to burn them and continue to buy your weed.

Yeah, I think if you go to court, without a lawyer and tell the judge this story, he will understand your side and give you everything you deserve.

LillianX

Heck yes, you can be charged. And honestly, you probably will be. This is why the following advice is the most important advice of your life. Heed it, starting immediately.

Keep your mouth shut. Retain an attorney. Don't say another word about this to ANYONE other than that attorney. This includes your friends, your family, the internet, and ESPECIALLY the police. Mouth. Shut.

danoneedshelp

I know it sounds bad but as far as I know itwas ditch weed. The sheriff didn't keep any to test it and its not even my house I live 30 miles away

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Sounds like it's a bluff.

I'll bet someone made a complaint - I can't see a deputy just driving by and deciding to question you in your yard.

Maybe your fiancee's father is growing the stuff.

And by the way, you cannot "manufacture" a plant. Unless maybe you're God.

CJane

Why would you throw lawn garbage - even if it wasn't marijuana - in a fire you were using to cook food? THAT, imo, makes your story less believable than anything else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">