+ Reply to Thread
    DuaneA is offline Junior Member

Can I Expunge myself in NC?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
    North Carolina - Live in Wake County but charges were filed in Mecklenburg County.

All charges were dismissed but now I want to expunge the records. My lawyer wants $350 to do it but I found forms with instructions on the web. The forms are AOC-CR-266 and AOC-CR-264 but they are for individuals under the age of 21. Hey, I am a child of the 70s so I am WAY past that .

Is there any way an individual over 21 charged with Marijuana related charges that were dismissed by the DA can get records expunged without paying a lawyer? Link for forms below.

[url]http://resources.lawinfo.com/en/Free-Legal-Forms/Expungement-Lawyers-Executive-Clemency-Info/North-Carolina/index.html[/url]

I found this NC State document ?(link below)about expungement that does not limit the age to under 21 but trouble is that all the forms above have the under 21 requirement. Very confusing.

[url]http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_15a/gs_15a-146.html[/url]
    Last edited by DuaneA; 11-24-2009 at 11:00 AM.
    SaturnSL1 is offline Junior Member
    I am not sure. But personally I would prefer to just hire a lawyer to represent me. Don't try to go at the court system alone. $350 is a good for an expungment. You should defiantly pay the lawyer.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnSL1 View Post
    You should defiantly pay the lawyer.
    I wouldn't recommend defiantly paying my lawyer; I would definitely pay him (or her).
    DuaneA is offline Junior Member
    Thank you both for your input.
    Not to be defiant but I definitely want to find info on self expungement. If I am unable, I will then definitely shell out the $350 and Ex my sponge