• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I get my charges dropped??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Johnd615

In Spring Hill Tn,
Im a minor that got stopped by cops when I was walking out of a Mexican restaurant on cinco de mayo. We were leaving the Mexican restaurant and were going to walk right next door to a grocery store to get food cause there was an hour and thirty min wait at the restaurant. They stopped us and wouldn't let us leave cause they thought we were drinking alcohol underage in the restaurant. I kept saying I didn't have anything to drink but they still thought I did. I failed the cop's finger-to-eyes drinking test ,but I still told him I wasn't drinking, so he asked what I was on. I said I'm prescribed adderal so he didn't think I was drinking. He wouldn't let me leave saying that I couldn't drive cause I was on adderal. I told him that my doctor allows it and that it is perfectly legal to. He told me to sit down and not go anywhere. A good while later a different cop did the eye test to me and said I was drinking so they wrote me a citation for underage consumption even though I never confessed. Then I got pulled out by a different cop and he said he that a K-9 unit was alerted by my car. He did this without me knowing and without and probable cause to do so. My parents eventually got there and was told about the k-9 too. He asked my parents if he could search my car and they said yes. The cop found paraphernalia and a blunt.

So I was charged with underage consumption, paraphernalia, and simple possession.
The cops weren't even called on us and were called for a different reason. There was no probable cause to stop us, keep us there for 2 hours, and bring a K-9 unit to my car. They profiled us and didn't have any reason at all to stop us and keep us there for 2 hours.

quincy

In Spring Hill Tn,
Im a minor that got stopped by cops when I was walking out of a Mexican restaurant on cinco de mayo. We were leaving the Mexican restaurant and were going to walk right next door to a grocery store to get food cause there was an hour and thirty min wait at the restaurant. They stopped us and wouldn't let us leave cause they thought we were drinking alcohol underage in the restaurant. I kept saying I didn't have anything to drink but they still thought I did. I failed the cop's finger-to-eyes drinking test ,but I still told him I wasn't drinking, so he asked what I was on. I said I'm prescribed adderal so he didn't think I was drinking. He wouldn't let me leave saying that I couldn't drive cause I was on adderal. I told him that my doctor allows it and that it is perfectly legal to. He told me to sit down and not go anywhere. A good while later a different cop did the eye test to me and said I was drinking so they wrote me a citation for underage consumption even though I never confessed. Then I got pulled out by a different cop and he said he that a K-9 unit was alerted by my car. He did this without me knowing and without and probable cause to do so. My parents eventually got there and was told about the k-9 too. He asked my parents if he could search my car and they said yes. The cop found paraphernalia and a blunt.

So I was charged with underage consumption, paraphernalia, and simple possession.
The cops weren't even called on us and were called for a different reason. There was no probable cause to stop us, keep us there for 2 hours, and bring a K-9 unit to my car. They profiled us and didn't have any reason at all to stop us and keep us there for 2 hours.
I can't tell you whether you can get the charges against you dropped but there are several issues you have raised here that you will want to discuss with your lawyer.

And I recommend you get a lawyer.

tranquility

I recommend an attorney as well. Everything can be easily explained as legal. Certainly, time will be a factor to the events. But, I don't see winning arguments in general--especially if certain assumptions are made.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">