• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get in trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daman1111

What is the name of your state? PA

My friend (17) was just arrested for possession of weed and a bowl. The thing is that I bought the bowl for her (3 months ago) as Im over 18, can I get in trouble? Do cops typically ask how you got something like a bowl? Also are they legal to have always even without residue in them?

Most likely, the cops aren't going to worry about where she got the pipe as much as they will want to know where she purchased the marijuana. You didn't sell her the drugs, did you?

daman1111

Most likely, the cops aren't going to worry about where she got the pipe as much as they will want to know where she purchased the marijuana. You didn't sell her the drugs, did you?
No I didn't. Also, wouldn't it be extremely hard to prove I bought it for her since it's been 3 months and they'd actually have to investigate to find proof like a receipt or something.

The Occultist

A receipt? No, receipts don't do much good, especially if one paid with cash. Somebody's testimony, however...

Anywho, odds of you getting in trouble are slim, but not based on the amount of time that has passed.

Purchasing a bowl for someone isn't illegal.

What they do with it is their problem, not yours. You can always say you bought it for her to smoke legal herbs/tobacco out of it.

EDIT: Ooops, noticed the age difference. The most you can get in trouble for is contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Even then it's going to be rather hard to prove. I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">