• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i still get probation for second offence possession of marijuana?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joncrank

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

i just got arrested for the second time for possesion of marijuana. both times i had less than a gram on me. is it possible to get probation again? i completed my last probation in december.

i really really really really really dont want to go to jail. i learned my lesson and i am so stressed out i have like a constant pain in my chest i really really dont want to go to jail. any chance i can get probation again??

please help

The Occultist

i learned my lesson
Um...most people that have "learned [their] lesson" do not commit the same offense of which they have learned their lesson about. :rolleyes:

Anyways, the answer to your question is, "maybe". The state needs to feel that you deserve a THIRD change. Do you?

Since you did complete your initial probation with no problems (that is a correct assumption, yes?), that could help convince the state that you deserve a chance that we all know you don't truly deserve.

Do note that if you are given probation again this time around that the state will absolutely NOT tolerate a third strike, and you WILL see jail time.

joncrank

yes i completed my probation term with no problems.

is there anything i can do prior to the court date that will show the judge that i am serious about changing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">