• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i still be a Police Officer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jb7988

hey all, quick question im currently a sophmore in college majoring in CJ, yes i was stupidly into MJ for a while wound up getting arrested a few months ago for simple possesion, anyway everything was dismissed in court other than that my backgorund is spotless ive never even had a speeding ticket, i accept full responsibility for everything and plan on getting it expunged(although i know it will still be viewed). Will this ruin my chances? thank you

CdwJava

hey all, quick question im currently a sophmore in college majoring in CJ, yes i was stupidly into MJ for a while wound up getting arrested a few months ago for simple possesion, anyway everything was dismissed in court other than that my backgorund is spotless ive never even had a speeding ticket, i accept full responsibility for everything and plan on getting it expunged(although i know it will still be viewed). Will this ruin my chances? thank you
An arrest is not the same as a conviction, but it WILL almost certainly come up in a background check. This is not an automatic disqualifier, but some agencies may have a zero tolerance policy for past drug use. Whether you get hired by agencies without such a policy will depend on the frequency of the use, last time you used, and what you have done since that time. getting your degree will go a long way to erasing that transgression.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">