• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a Lawyer help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JeromeB.

While out of state I recieved a phone call from a ex-girlfriend. She told me that her house has been raided and they came there looking for me!!!! I hav'nt stayed with her since a month prier to this incident and she is envolved with someone else. I also have reciept that I have been staying at a hotel since that month prier to now. To make a long story short, Cop's found drug, She told them that they were mine,They told her that they were going to let her go, They lied!!, We both now out on bail,She feel bad about what she done and have not sworn the statement in front of a judge.

???Is her statement hearsay???
I'm running out of time respond now
[email protected]

calatty

If you take your case to trial, it will be up to the jury to decide whether the drugs were yours, hers, or both of yours based on the evidence. Her statement is hearsay, but if she comes to court and testifies the drugs are not yours, she can be impeached with the statement she gave the police that the drugs were yours. In other words, they can put that hearsay statement before the jury if she denies the drugs are yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">