• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Pictures of Plants be Used as Evidence in a Marijuana Cultivation Case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Weblurker

I had a camera that was confiscated by police during a search. There are pictures of marijuana plants on the camera. My question is can they be used as evidence of cultivation, or do they need the actual plants? I admitted to cultivating one plant (I know. That was stupid.), but I'm afraid they can use the pictures to up the charges.

I live in Kentucky.

Last edited:

Proserpina

I had a camera that was confiscated by police during a search. There are pictures of marijuana plants on the camera. My question is can they be used as evidence of cultivation, or do they need the actual plants? I admitted to cultivating one plant (I know. That was stupid.), but I'm afraid they can use the pictures to up the charges.

And from which state would you hail?

FlyingRon

I suspect they can. It would depend on the nature of the picture. If it's just a picture of a plant, perhaps not. If it's a picture of you in your back yard next to one, that looks grim.

tranquility

It's evidence. It seems easy to attack, but, it's evidence which would probably get in in some way. Get an attorney, it's certainly far from enough evidence to convict.

BOR

but it is enough evidence to get a warrant to search your house
I would say it is more than enough. PC for a warrant is only that evidence of a crime may exist in a certain place, not necessarily the recipient committed any offense.

PC is a lower burden of showing than "beyond a reasonable doubt".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">