• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can she be prosecuted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

e2010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Hi, a friend of mine is visiting me in NYC and on Friday, left the club early because she was very intoxicated to get a cab home. She ended up sharing a cab up with a stranger she met outside the club who began sniffing a white powder off of a key in the taxi. He offered her some and she took a "hit". He was let out, then she continued to my apt and payed for the cab with her credit card.

I think NYC taxis have cameras in them, is it possible for her to be charged with anything/would they try to track her down via credit card information? Is this something they would bother with? She is really freaking out about it, so thought I'd get her some help.

Thanks!

You Are Guilty

Possible? Sure, anything is possible.

Likely? I'm not sure if you've noticed the other problems going on in the City at the moment, but searching for one drunken girl doing a line in a taxi is not real high on the priorities at the moment.

swalsh411

Cab drivers generally do not report fares to the police unless they are disruptive. (i.e. damage the cab, try to rob them, don't pay, etc).

antrc170

Even the authorities were interested in the case, how can they prove that what your friend is seen snorting is an illegal substance? There are some headache medicines that come in powder form for example. She's safe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">