• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can they convict me later?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bettyblue

Virginia: I called the police one night cause my boyfriend roughed me up and when they arrived they asked me what his side of the story would be and I said he'd say that I was high on marijuana and admitted that I had smoked earlier that night. The officer then questioned him and he said that yes there was probably marijuana in the house (there was no more) and no charges were filed but now the Child Services people are hassling me saying I must take a drug test. They are calling and calling. Can I still be charged with a crime? Thanks, BettyB.

LegalBeagle

bettyblue said:
Virginia: I called the police one night cause my boyfriend roughed me up and when they arrived they asked me what his side of the story would be and I said he'd say that I was high on marijuana and admitted that I had smoked earlier that night. The officer then questioned him and he said that yes there was probably marijuana in the house (there was no more) and no charges were filed but now the Child Services people are hassling me saying I must take a drug test. They are calling and calling. Can I still be charged with a crime? Thanks, BettyB.
If CPS are calling, you had better sort this out. Any day they can arrive with a warrent to take your children.

I assume you are not clean then?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">