• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't Get a Job Due to Misdemeanor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cahill

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

North Carolina

Alright, This is my first post so please don't flame me..

Back in September of 2004, I was given a simple possession ticket for possessing one half ounce or less of pot, misdemeanor. I had to pay 250 court cost, Do 24 hours of Community Service, 6 months unsupervised probation, and yes this was my First offense

My question is..If this happend in 2004 then why in 2009 is this keeping me from getting a job, people around here tell me that they go away after 4 years

well obviously not, I recently tried to get employed by walmart, and my background check came back and there was a flag and it said Non Competitive beside the flag

I called them and they said they couldn't bring me on, the only other charge i have on my record is a traffic violation...that isn't it, and I kno i passed my pee test

Any advice on how to go about getting a job, or getting this off my record?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">