• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught with only a pipe. In Oregon.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

floater

I was skiing and I took lunch in my truck. My cousin and I were intterupted by a cop knocking on my window asking if we had a parking permit. I said yes through the window and pointed at it. He asked if I would step out of my truck so I did. He said he smelled marijuana and found a pipe on the floor. This is all he found. He gave my cousin and I a ticket for possesion of less than one once. Can he do that? How does he know I smoked marijuana through it without testing. It was a $1000 dollar ticket. Should I get an attorney? Why was my cousin charged when I told him it was mine? This is my second offence. Same exact thing. Am I screwed? He said it was just a "violation". How long does it stay on your record?

Thanks for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">