• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught with spice aka synthetic Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjl2280

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

I have court on friday and have a court appointed attorney. My charge is Possession of synthetic marijuana. In oregon it is now a class b felony to Possess it, a very harsh law considering I could have 27 grams of the real stuff and it would still be a misdeameanor.

I had a pipe along with the small bag of synthetic marijuana, I have no record and have never been arrested.

The best that my lawyer thinks he can do is get it down to a Class C felony. I feel like this is a pretty crappy way to get my first felony. I'm hoping the DA will look at my file, see that I have no record and bump it down to a misdeameanor??

Do you have any wisdom for me? Should I plead guilty or fight this? This stuff is for sale in Oregon and legal to buy it over the counter but a felony to posess? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for readin.

TL

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

I have court on friday and have a court appointed attorney. My charge is Possession of synthetic marijuana. In oregon it is now a class b felony to Possess it, a very harsh law considering I could have 27 grams of the real stuff and it would still be a misdeameanor.

I had a pipe along with the small bag of synthetic marijuana, I have no record and have never been arrested.

The best that my lawyer thinks he can do is get it down to a Class C felony. I feel like this is a pretty crappy way to get my first felony. I'm hoping the DA will look at my file, see that I have no record and bump it down to a misdeameanor??

Do you have any wisdom for me? Should I plead guilty or fight this? This stuff is for sale in Oregon and legal to buy it over the counter but a felony to posess? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for readin.

TL
Actually, it is illegal to sell OR possess the product in Oregon according to this news story published in 2010: http://www.ktvz.com/news/25402988/detail.html

I'd say your attorney is giving you one heck of a deal. A lot of first-time felonies involve drugs, and what a shame that is. Something so fun shouldn't be so illegal, right? Too bad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">