• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught with two Xanax bars

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eli15

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri
So about a year ago while I was in my buddy's car while he was parked in one of his friends driveway I noticed a guy coming out of the house after my friend knocked and before I knew it he turned toward me and I saw his badge. Needless to say I didn't have any time to get rid of the two bars and it turned out that the house my buddy went to was under some type of investigation I'm not positive on this but I see no other reason for some plain clothed officers to be walking around a property. Anyway they found the Xanax and made me write down on paper what they found and then sign it. I never heard anything back from that so I basically forgot all about it until like a month and a half ago I got a warrant in the mail. My bond is $4,000 the charge possession of a controlled substance felony C. This is a first time getting a felony for drug possession and the only other serious legal issues were a dwi a few years back. How much money do you think (estimated) this will set me back and what kind of trouble am I looking at facing? Also what would be your suggestion on getting started taking care of this case? Bailbondsman then lawyer?

Proserpina

So about a year ago while I was in my buddy's car while he was parked in one of his friends driveway I noticed a guy coming out of the house after my friend knocked and before I knew it he turned toward me and I saw his badge. Needless to say I didn't have any time to get rid of the two bars and it turned out that the house my buddy went to was under some type of investigation I'm not positive on this but I see no other reason for some plain clothed officers to be walking around a property. Anyway they found the Xanax and made me write down on paper what they found and then sign it. I never heard anything back from that so I basically forgot all about it until like a month and a half ago I got a warrant in the mail. My bond is $4,000 the charge possession of a controlled substance felony C. This is a first time getting a felony for drug possession and the only other serious legal issues were a dwi a few years back. How much money do you think (estimated) this will set me back and what kind of trouble am I looking at facing? Also what would be your suggestion on getting started taking care of this case? Bailbondsman then lawyer?

My suggestion would be to get an attorney, and speak not one more word about this to anybody other than your attorney.

Just Blue

Lawyer. Lawyer!!

:rolleyes:

LdiJ

Well...One learns something new everyday!
Xanax is a drug that someone who legitimately takes it might not always need the dosage the doctor has prescribed. That is why every dosage pill of Xanax is scored so that you can break off pieces of it, or break it in half...f you need less than the full dose. Xanax isn't the only drug that is scored that way. Most anti anxiety medications are.

I have never understand why anyone uses Xanax for recreation anyway. I take it by prescription, and pretty infrequently anymore, and it never gives me any kind of buzz...never has. It puts me to sleep if I take a full dose, but that's all.

TigerD

In my county in Missouri, you would be facing a $25k cash only bond. Your charges carry up to seven years in the department of corrections, a special period of incarceration of up to one year in the county jail and fine. The phrase "they made me" is a little concerning. You need to talk to a criminal defense attorney. If you cannot afford one, you may be eligible for the public defender.

TD

Just Blue

Xanax is a drug that someone who legitimately takes it might not always need the dosage the doctor has prescribed. That is why every dosage pill of Xanax is scored so that you can break off pieces of it, or break it in half...f you need less than the full dose. Xanax isn't the only drug that is scored that way. Most anti anxiety medications are.

I have never understand why anyone uses Xanax for recreation anyway. I take it by prescription, and pretty infrequently anymore, and it never gives me any kind of buzz...never has. It puts me to sleep if I take a full dose, but that's all.
I know what Xanax is...I just never heard the term "bar" before. :)

dave33

"Bar" is slang as far as I know.:) Although I have to admit that Ladyback's analogy to a Hershey bar was something I had never heard before.
"Bar" when discussing Xanax is only used when describing the 2mg "bar" because it is shaped like a bar. The other Xanax mg's are pill shaped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">