• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cell Phone & Drug Deals

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

treeboss

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I am in the process of ridding myslef of a crack addict. He has begged, borrowed and stole more than we can account for in the last 5 months (yet I have endured for 3 years!).
The cell phones we use are connected to MY name and SSN because we are all involved in a business I ultimately own but he worked as an estimator for, the past 2 years. According to our cell phone service, even though I know his phone is being used for illegal activity and I have requested the service be terminated, there is nothing I can do to recoup the "early termination fee". I have "suspended" the service for the "free" period but is there anything I can do to make this phone's activity aware to authorities who may be able to investigate this phone's activities? I know names and addresses of a few of the late night calls. I have received several calls from people he borrowed from then told to call me for the money at X time the next day because he just assumed (from my stupid prior experience) I would pay this stuff off to keep clear of it! I stopped doing this a month ago but now it's getting ugly!

If I provide the police with the recent phone records, will I be protecting myself from further investigation that may tie me into his activities or will I just open a can of worms that may implicate me because I know what has been going on?

Although I have been aware of his activities, I have been "covering for him" publicly because of my business and my stupid, personal pride...the police are familiar with him because, evidently, this has been a recurring theme in this man's life that I was unaware of and not told about by his family until recently. They can go back almost 20 years, including a similar business venture with his father that resulted in bankruptcy!

Even though I fear repercussions from the people he now owes money to, and they have repeatedly called my home, threatening to get repaid, the police won't get involved unless "something happens"...Locks changed, lights on, sleep on the couch kind of stuff...he's been relocated to another dwelling since August...what can I do? Sleep is at a minimum, I have a 20 some son who is being effected and I work as a private consultant for a general contractor (my main source of income right now) who may not be as understanding as I would hope if they were aware of this activity...Not to mention, these guys he owes are some BIG, and are not afraid to mention their weapons of choice. Still, the police say I must wait to call them until "something happens". A "body attachment" for failure to appear in August was listed under the incorrect spelling of his last name and address and the State's Attorney was questioning ME when I called to get it straight! (He gave my car to his dealer one night, in a crack-induced haze, then went with me to file the stolen car report, then didn't show up on his subpoena, so the case was thrown out because my statement was "second hand"!)

I am frightened and confused about what I can do to protect myself further. I don't want to wait until one of the people involved "comes to collect". HELP!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">